+91-11-24328006, 24320711   info@toxicslink.org

Why your receipts may be toxic?

Source : The Times of India, New Delhi, Jan 12, 2018

NEW DELHI: The next time you buy something, think twice before holding the receipt generated on thermal paper. There is a high chance you may be exposing yourself to an endocrine disrupting chemical — Bisphenol-A (BPA). A study conducted by environmental NGO Toxics Link states that thermal paper — which is commonly used in receipts at grocery stores, gas stations and ATMs — has been found with high BPA content across markets in Delhi. This is well past the EU safe standard of 200 parts per million (ppm). India, however, doesn't have a safe limit set for thermal paper.


Subscribe to our Newsletter