microsoft create to inspire
Environmental challenges are increasing every day and damage caused to it through our action and choices are becoming clearer in recent times. With issues of climate change, less of biodiversity, water scarcity etc. becoming real; we not only need to create awareness among the present citizens but also ensure that the future leaders are citizens are sensitized and understand the concept of sustainable development.
In this endeavor, Toxics Link in association with Microsoft is conducting the Create to Inspire School Programme across the country. The Microsoft Create to Inspire School Programme builds the capacity of teachers and provides them a framework to engage with students on the themes of energy, e-waste, transportation, water and bio-diversity.
The primary objectives of this programme are:-
1.Develop capacities and competence of teachers to enroll, engage and inspire students to take actions on sustainable lifestyles and environment protection.
2.Lay the foundation for students to become potential change agents who reach out to the community and engage with them on sustainable living via inspirational campaigns and activities.
3.Inculcating the idea of lifecycle thinking into students and teachers minds.
A Set of 14 toolkits with exercises is provided to teachers which will lay down the structure for engaging students on activities related to sustainable consumption and lifestyle. It shall help in bringing about a change in the understanding of topics related to the environment and aid the creation of environmental campaigns. Through these campaigns, students are encourage to enroll and inspire their peers, parents, relatives, and communities to evaluate and consider the environmental impacts from existing lifestyles and take steps which are in-line with sustainable living. Most of these exercises are ‘step outside the classroom’ exercises which aim to go beyond the formal textbook pedagogy approach and engage students more practically and creatively.
The programme is being conducted in 11 states in India namely, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha, Manipur, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra covering around 1100 schools.
- Bihar –This programme is being organized in the capital city of Patna and Gaya in collaboration with Social Institute for Development of Nation (SIDON) covering 200 schools comprising; both government and private schools.
- Gujarat –This programme is being conducted in 100 schools across Rajkot in collaboration with Paryavarniya Vikas Kendra. Both government and private schools are covered.
- Jhakhand –This programme is being conducted in 200 schools across the capital city of Ranchi, Ramgarh and Jamshedpur in collaboration with Lok Swar. Both government and private schools were covered.
- Maharashtra –This programme is being conducted in 50 schools across Nagpur in collaboration with Green Vigil. Both government and private schools were covered.
- Manipur – This programme is being conducted in 50 schools across Imphal in collaboration with ISRD. Both government and private schools are covered in these schools.
- Odisha –This programme is being organized in the capital city Bhubaneswar and Behrampur in collaboration with Ganapati Sabha Foundation covering 100 schools comprising of both government and private schools.
- Rajasthan –This programme is being organized in Jodhpur, Bikaner and Jaisalmer in collaboration with HEDCON covering 150 schools comprising of both government and private schools.
- Uttar Pradesh –This programme is being organized in Faizabad and Barabanki in collaboration with Ganga covering 150 schools comprising of both government and private schools.
- West Bengal –This programme is being organized in Darjeeling and it’s nearing districts in collaboration with DLR covering total 50 schools comprising of both government and private.