Position: Coordinator Communications
Last Date: 8th November 2017
Toxics Link is an environmental NGO, dedicated to bringing toxics related information into the public domain, both relating to struggles and problems at the grassroots as well as global information to the local levels. We work with other groups around the country as well as internationally in an understanding that this will help bring the experience of the ground to the fore, and lead to a more meaningful articulation of issues. Toxics Link also engages in on-the ground work especially in areas of hazardous and medical waste management, food safety and chemicals among others. Working in networks, utilising community outreach and education, policy analysis, research, training and program development. We are also involved in a wider range of environmental issues in Delhi and outside as part of a coalition of non-governmental organizations.
Toxics Link is looking for a Coordinator Communications to take forward its communications strategy, and significantly enhance the impact of its communication and information dissemination activities. As an information clearing house on toxics and waste issues, as well as matters related to environmental justice, the organization depends for it success on high-quality communications. Are you the one who can make that success happen?
As Coordinator Communications, you will be responsible for, among other things:
You would be expected to have:
· Knowledge and experience of handling development communications.
· Experience in developing and implementing strategy would be useful.
· Contacts within the press and the publishing world, especially of the kind inclined towards social and developmental topics.
· Excellent command and skill levels with written and spoken English, skills in editing and designing will be desirable.
· Experience of 3-5 years in similar work profile will be an advantage
· Previous experience on information dissemination and development of IEC materials desirable.
If interested, send in your CV to:
· firstname.lastname@example.org, by E mail and hard copy to Snigdha Sinha ,
Toxics Link, H2 (Ground Floor), Jungpura Extension, New Delhi 110 014.
Mark the envelope or the e-mail with the subject line: ‘Application for post of “Coordinator Communications”